Book Spine Poetry is BAAAACCK!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode.




Since I completely missed out on National Poetry Month (It was in April. Yeah, I thought I had a couple of weeks left in that month. Go figure. Yesterday threw me for a bit of a loop. Which means... oh bleep! Credit card bill!) <---actual, legitimate thought. Um, I'll be right back *vanishes in a cloud of Wiley Coyote smoke*



Um, yes. Ahem. All better. ANYWAY.



Because I love poetry and mildly embarassing myself (it would seem) I am giving you a glimpse at my best book spine poetry again!



For those of you who don't know, the purpose of book spine poetry is to create a poem using only the spines of books. Trust me, it is a lot harder than it seems. But a whole heckuvalot of fun. I tend to favor the short, almost haiku-like poems. Partly because it is easy to photograph/see than a super tall one. Partly because there are less lines to create. Plus, I really like haikus. ^_^


I'll post up one every couple of days for the next little while (as long as the poems hold out). If you want to join in the fun, send me a link and I'll post it up here!


See? I have a space all ready for you. :)


Other Book Spine Poems of Awesome


0 comments: