Feature Fun Friday - Hunger Games Rue's Lullaby by cgifford103

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now) Rue's Lullaby by Christina Gifford.




Most of you know I love books, and even more so, I love when someone adds to that world and creates something new. I love when something crosses from one medium to another and together they become something more. For example, taking the words on a page and setting them to music. Here is one, from The Hunger Games.

I've been following The Hunger Games movie updates like a child on sugar and I stumbled on something rather extraordinary. Now I knew there were songs of "Rue's Lullaby" and "The Hanging Tree" long before this, but this one really struck me. Most of the songs on YouTube covering "Rue's Lullaby" are set to the same tune, "Kiss the Rain" by Yiruma. It is very soothing and rhythmic, definitely a lullaby, but with almost a New Age feel to it with too few variants in the melody. Not quite happy, but it's not the anguished rendition I imagine her singing to a 12-year-old girl who was dying in her arms. This one is different. It has a much more haunting quality to it that sends shivers up my arms. And the best part? She has a link on her channel where you can download a copy--for free, completely legal. I would have paid money for this version. This one is worth owning.





2 comments:



Naj said...

Woah, I couldn't imagine a better haunting tune to it. Thanks for this.

Okie said...

nice find...that is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll have to check out her channel/etc